Many economists are predicting a growth in home sales in 2015 while some say that more number of first-timer homebuyers will be in the mix. And that is great news for the home sellers especially for the first-time sellers having the kind of starter homes that these homebuyers will seek.
Here are some smart and cutting edge tips that will be undoubtedly beneficial for the sellers.
- Be sure of where you will live next – Before you sell out your home; make sure you’re prepared for your own purchase. You must plan well in advance as it would help you save time and money related to moving several times or trying to cancel a deal after signing off a purchase agreement. California realtors are very knowledgeable about this and can help you find a new home or a rental before you bargain a lease back or close escrow.
If you want to buy another house and finance it, get preapproval for a mortgage. This would help you know your present financial capability, affordability and stability. According to top realtor in California, buying a home contingent on sale of the existing one is in vogue.
- Get your house move-in ready – If your pocket permits, do whatever possible to make the home move-in ready as buyers are often inclined towards such homes. You should replace broken baseboards, ripped screens and leaky faucet, make aesthetic repairs, and update landscaping. Your home should always be in a presentable condition from the time you put it on listing.
And from this point of time, you should consider your home as a house – amputating sentimental values as a buyer will never care for the garden you created by your own or the kitchen tile you installed with your hand.
- Get connected to a good real estate broker – Most people choose real estate agent depending on referrals from their friends or family. But you should look beyond that to get connected to someone who really does huge business in your locality. Though sales information for every individual agent on your list might not be available publicly, you can check with local real estate association, call local multiple listing services or ask a brokerage firm for agents who ensure highest business. If you’re in Pacific Heights, you may ask local brokerage for top real estate agents in California. Online reviews of agents can be useful. Finally, you should ask for exact statistics from your chosen agent; ask for how many homes he has sold recently, where the homes are located and what average sales price has been.
- Price your home right – Only a good real estate agent can help you price your home rightly. Properly priced homes are always in great demand while an overpriced one never attracts buyers. Overpricing results in longer stay on the real estate market. It also means future price cuts that make a home listing look less attractive and stale.
- Properly endorse your property – Besides getting listed on multiple listing sites and home listing sites, your agent may ask you to make use of other methods of advertising that may include direct mail postcards and open houses. Ask your chosen agent how he would endorse the property before you appoint him.
You must capture good images of your home. If you use professional images, you can sell your listed home at least 30% faster than other.
- Make the home accessible – There are people who restrict on when the home can be shown. But this could be a deal breaker. You must make your house available for throughout the daylight hours. If you don’t show the house at the time when a prospective buyer wants to see it, the buyer will go for another house and forget yours.
Lastly, you should not emphasize much on final sales price as on final net price.